[Bloat] Richard Pitt, RIP

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 09:57:47 EDT 2012

It is with deep sadness that I must announce that Richard Pitt passed
away on April 14th, of cancer. I only heard this morning, as I checked
the syntax of the cerowrt credits list.

He was a tremendous help, and inspiration, during the early stages of
the bufferbloat project. He was one of the first people on the mailing
list. He worked behind the scenes, helping setup and maintain the
website. He reviewed and edited papers and documentation, provided
advice, and wrote his own blog entries.

He truly 'got' and loved the internet, as we wanted it to be, in so
many ways, and fought things like SOPA with his last dying breath.

He wrote for over two decades, the digital rag. http://digital-rag.com/

And brought webcams to eagles nests.

http://www.hancockwildlife.org/

I spoke to him last only a few days before he passed... and was at the
"pre-wake" party he threw in February. It was a far, far better party
than an actual wake, and if I'm given the opportunity to do the same
with the end of my life, I'm going to do it the same way.

All the same... I wished I'd got to know him decades ago.

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net