[Bloat] Best practices for paced TCP on Linux?

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 14:27:32 EDT 2012

On 7 Apr, 2012, at 9:10 pm, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:

> Have you tried the one at cesur.tg12? It's pacing things out a bit more.

After reducing my TCP *receive* window to 64KB, the 720p50 stream at the main site is playing just fine - or at least it was, until the presenters just came on for the "Grand Finale".  That was a very abrupt and well-synchronised change in performance, so there has to be something different there.

I appreciate, however, that a 64KB window requires a maximum of 100ms round-trip latency at 5Mbps, so that's not a solution for New Zealond.

 - Jonathan