[Bloat] enabling outgoing tcp-ecn by default for ipv6 links

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Thu Dec 27 15:10:35 EST 2012

On 12/26/2012 06:37 PM, Hannes Frederic Sowa wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am thinking about advancing the ipv4/tcp_ecn knob in linux to
> distinguish between ipv4 and ipv6 transport and enable ecn signaling
> on outgoing ipv6 connections by default (for me, at least). I am
> currently doing so with the help of iptables (echo 1 > tcp_ecn and -j
> ECN --ecn-tcp-remove).

Any particular reason you aren't willing/able to just flip the
net.ipv4.tcp_ecn sysctl to turn it on for both?  FWIW, that is what I
have done on netperf.org, with an eye towards seeing what ceases
working.  Thusfar things seem OK.  At least I've not had anyone contact
me to say "Hey! Why can't I reach netperf.org!" ...

happy benchmarking,

rick jones