[Bloat] How soon can the brave but foolish start being early adopters

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Mon Feb 20 19:30:20 EST 2012

On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 8:05 AM, David Collier-Brown wrote:

>  I'm an interested lurker (and capacity planner)  who might easily try
> out the work that's been done in CeroWrt if it would be useful to you.
> Consider me a prospective exposure tester (:-))

Dave, I went through this exercise some months back.  The problem we
ran into was that the wired and wireless subnets broke Windows file
sharing.  We got most of the way there, but due to family harmony, I
had to abandon the testing I was doing before I could test a full
solution.  Search for my posts in the archives and you'll see where
the problem may have been resolved.

But I won't try this again until the next CeroWRT release.  I backed
off to Open WRT for the time being, which doesn't have the issue.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us