[Bloat] interesting/useful networking related conferences?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 00:30:32 EDT 2012

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 10:10 PM, Joe Provo <jzp-bufbloat at rsuc.gweep.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 09, 2012 at 09:41:06PM -0400, Dave Taht wrote:
>> I am trying to figure out travel schedules for the next 7 months, to
>> continue to spread the codel word, so I'm looking for government or
>> academic conferences worth members of the bloat team attending or
>> presenting at, between now and December. We have the linux and ietf
>> worlds prettu covered, so... also reaching out to BSD, apple, and
>> microsoft conferences seems worthwhile.
>
> Interesting you mention 'networking' in the subject, and skip the
> operator's events [where many network gear vendors have serious
> presence]. NANOG in October?

Nanog for sure!

When it came time to divvy up monitoring mailing lists, jg got
nanog and I ended up with linux netdev and wireless - and to keep up
with the load, I had to drop arocket, which was kind of difficult given what
an excellent year the last year in space was...

Given some of the data that has gone by recently (from stanford,
and others) it appears that the core is overbuffered significantly too.

But fixing that involves either the middle tier vendors stepping up,
or substantial
rework of existing line cards, etc, for the big boys. I'd be really
surprised (and delighted) if any of those guys had fq + codel based
solutions in that timeframe.

Sure hope the olympics go ok. The preliminary analysis of thegathering's data
was pretty scary...