[Bloat] linux plumbers aug 29-31, 2012

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 13:58:08 EST 2012

The bufferbloat track at the linuxplumbers conference last year was
very helpful, in both a negative and positive fashion - negative in
that it highlighted trends in the industry toward things like 10GigE
ethernet, 'green' ethernet, power management etc that have negative
impact as to the latency of the internet, and very positive as one of
the technologies presented at that conference (byte queue limits) made
it into the kernel as of the upcoming 3.3 release as did plethora of
related enhancements and bug fixes.

Wireless bufferbloat remains a major problem, as is cpe, as is ipv6,
there are some encouraging threads towards better behavior overall on
the horizon... so if there is anyone that has a topic that they might
want to present on, suggestions are being collected here:

http://wiki.linuxplumbersconf.org/2012:topics

I don't know if our issue deserves a track this time around, but there
certainly have been encouraging
SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net