[Bloat] Point of sale sighting

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 20:42:49 EDT 2012

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Justin McCann <jneilm at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> Oh, it's an actual ad compaign.
>>
>> http://blogs.cisco.com/consumer/win-the-war-on-buffering/
>>
>> I was wondering when someone would try to ride this meme...
>>

> Which is great except for the fact that their ad campaign says nothing
> about actually setting the size of the buffer. But maybe I just missed it.
> Here's the howto they link for setting up QoS:
>
> http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=93&login=1&vw=1&app=search&articleid=23428&userrole=LinksysTAC&pk=99b00af64db444d3a50f724e22fdb016&donelr=1

after 15 months of trying, finally getting someone in marketing to pay a
little attention, kinda feels good...

even if they totally missed the uplink portion of the problem. Or maybe
they are doing detection?
>From the url above....

*"NOTE:* You can set the *Upstream Bandwidth *to *Auto* or *Manual*,
whichever is necessary.

To allow your router to detect the maximum level, keep the default *Auto*.
To specify, select *Manual* then enter the appropriate bandwidth and select
Kbps or Mbps."

Perhaps some commentary on the above blog entry will clarify matters...
(keep it civil please!)

There's even a contest. Why didn't I think of that?

http://www.canadianreviewer.com/cr/2012/2/16/contest-win-the-war-on-buffering-win-a-linksys-e4200v2-dual.html

SKYPE: davetaht
US Tel: 1-239-829-5608
http://www.bufferbloat.net