[Bloat] is there an android user in the house?

Fred Baker fred at cisco.com
Tue Mar 27 03:00:08 EDT 2012

On Mar 27, 2012, at 7:34 AM, Dave Taht wrote:

> I'm curious as to what this measures...
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.num

It measures my patience.

I downloaded this to my Android (hello from IETF 83 in Paris), installed it, and opened it. It presents a notice to the effect that using it implies that I agree to having the laws of the State of Georgia regarding ping, regardless of where I am, control my use of the stupid thing, and gives me no place to respond "yes" or "no".

What are the laws in the state of Georgia regarding ping?

Why do I care if I am in California or France?

Where on God's green earth is the checkbox you want me to check?

As near as I can tell, it's a waste of flash.