[Bloat] Recommendations for an SSL Cert provider...

Dave Hart hart at ntp.org
Tue May 8 11:56:40 EDT 2012

On Tue, May 8, 2012 at 3:36 PM, Jim Gettys <jg at freedesktop.org> wrote:
> Our SSL cert on lists.bufferbloat.net has expired.  I need to buy a new
> one, but don't want to deal with the losing company I chose the first time.
>
> Recommendations gratefully accepted.
>            - Jim

>From the copious footnotes on the kernel.org homepage:

=====
March 18, 2010: We would like to announce the general availability of
SSL support for a number of the services on kernel.org! This should
help provide an additional level of security, in particular for our
dynamic content like the wiki's, patchwork and bugzilla.

The certificates have been very graciously donated and signed by
Thawte, and we at kernel.org greatly appreciate their support of Open
Source! These signed certificates make it trivial for our users to
make use of this additional layer of security, and alleviates a large
amount of support effort that self-signed certificates would have
incurred.

"Thawte is proud of its open source lineage. Providing free
certificates to community
projects is just a small way of not only supporting the community but
returning the favor.
Please spread the word."
=====

That suggests Thawte might be willing to donate a
lists.bufferbloat.net SSL cert.  Good luck!

Cheers,
Dave Hart