[Bloat] Best practices for paced TCP on Linux?

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Sat May 12 16:08:38 EDT 2012

On Fri, Apr 06, 2012 at 11:37:25PM +0200, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:
> Long story short, I have a Linux box (running 3.2.0 or so) with a 10Gbit/sec
> interface, streaming a large amount of video streams to external users,
> at 1Mbit/sec, 3Mbit/sec or 5Mbit/sec (different values). Unfortunately, even
> though there is no congestion in _our_ network (we have 190 Gbit/sec free!),
> some users are complaining that they can't keep the stream up.

I made a summary blog post about this case; the series isn't done yet
(since the problem isn't fully solved yet! :-) ), and there's not too much
new stuff for people on this list, but the packet videos are pretty nice,
so it might be interesting nevertheless:

  http://blog.sesse.net/blog/tech/TG/2012-05-12-22-03_tcp_optimization_for_video_streaming

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/