[Bloat] Proposal to Speak at LinuxCon North America 2012/CloudOpen 2012 before the CFP Deadline this Friday, June 1st!

dave taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue May 29 13:51:53 EDT 2012

I have an idea for one heck of a talk.

"Beating the Bloat"

Unfortunately there's too much on my mind (still) to come up with
a summary of everything I could talk about in an hour.

But I'd go into the history of this project...

the amazing volunteer-ism, the structural and funding problems, the
failures, the successes, and where we'd
like to go from here. In the proposed title above I'm referring to
"Bloat" in a more general sense, of the enormous disconnects  and
latencies between academia, government, industry, the ietf, the open
source communities, etc...

I know how passionately I feel about everything that happened and
continues to happen, and how I'd like
to structure things so that in the future we can better respond to
potential internet emergencies.

I have some fire in my belly on this (if, at the moment, ENOENERGY)

I have to sit down and write up a lot of the last 16 months anyway, just
to get it out of my mind.

But first up would be structuring what people outside the project would
"get", and truly "hear".

As I've relied on you all as a wonderful set of brain amplifiers, I'm
interested both in what you'd like
to hear, and in what this audience could 'hear', as I write up an
outline and a summary for submittal
before friday's deadline.