[Bloat] RFC: Realtime Response Under Load (rrul) test specification

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at hmh.eng.br
Tue Nov 6 08:42:45 EST 2012

On Tue, 06 Nov 2012, Dave Taht wrote:
> I have been working on developing a specification for testing networks
> more effectively for various side effects of bufferbloat, notably
> gaming and voip performance, and especially web performance.... as
> well as a few other things that concerned me, such as IPv6 behavior,
> and the effects of packet classification.

When it is reasonably complete, it would be nice to have it as an
informational or better yet, standards-track IETF RFC.

IETF RFC non-experimental status allows us to require RRUL testing prior to
service acceptance, and even add it as one of the SLA metrics on public
tenders, which goes a long way into pushing anything into more widespread
usage.

  Henrique Holschuh