[Bloat] bufferbloat and the web service providers

Oliver Hohlfeld oliver at net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 19 07:32:58 EST 2012

> (...) because the real problem was
> bufferbloat - and then work together to move forward, on an
> engineering, rather than political basis.
(...)
> I have long hoped to get these services aware
> that they needed to help fix bufferbloat if they wanted their cloud
> based businesses to work better.

Is there any evidence that they do suffer from bufferbloat? And if
so, how many of their customers are affected? 0.001%? 0.1%? 10%?
So, what is the economical extend of the problem for these services
providers?

Before thinking about scripts and massive lobbying campaigns, why don't
we answer the most basic questions first?

--Oliver