[Bloat] better testing, linux 3.6.1, cerowrt credits, other stuff

Toke Høiland-Jørgensen toke at toke.dk
Tue Oct 9 10:31:59 EDT 2012

Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> writes:

> Moving rapidly up on my own list of priorities is developing at least
> a spec for better tests. Help?

This is probably not what you meant, but I thought I'd use this occasion
to post it anyway:

I am doing a project about bufferbloat at my university (I'm a master
student), which involves testing for bufferbloat and testing various
qdisc's performance in a controlled environment. I've been doing my
tests by running concurrent netperf instances (so far TCP_STREAM,
TCP_MAERTS and TCP_RR) and collecting the results. To make this a bit
easier I've written a small Python script to automate running the
various netperf instances and collecting the results. I thought I'd
share it here in case anyone else thinks it's useful. It's quite crude,
but works slightly better than a shell script for my purposes. :)

The code is available on github:
https://github.com/tohojo/netperf-wrapper

Oh, and in case you have any testing you'd like me to do, I'd be happy
to incorporate it. I can pretty much organise the project any way I
want, and it would be cool to do something that's useful for things
other than satisfying my own curiosity. ;)

Cheers,
-Toke

--
Toke Høiland-Jørgensen