[Bloat] Linaro/Ubuntu Arm conference in Copenhagen this week, Linuxconf the next

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 15:25:36 EDT 2012

It seemed like a good idea to get off the east coast of the US, so I
just did - to attend the Linaro/Ubuntu Arm conference in Copenhagen.

I landed a few hours ago and just hit the reception.

There was a time (1998) when I knew absolutely everyone that mattered
in the embedded linux business. No more! If there is anyone on this
list attending or knows anyone that is attending, can you put me in
touch, please?

It's been my hope that now that x86 and x86_64 have most of the major
ethernet cards BQL-enabled, and thus fq_codel capable, some BQL
enabled drivers would start showing up for ARM in mainline linux, as
well. But so far commits have been scarce on other architectures,
which is a shame given arm's presence in CPE, and ownership of the
android market. Given how little new code is required(12 lines or so)
at the driver level, the only real problem is in then getting the
improved drivers tested, which is something I'd hope that a linaro or
its partners would be up to doing.

Next week I'm giving a short talk on bufferbloat at the linux summit
also in the hope we can start making some progress forward on fixing
wifi, 3g and lte.

http://wireless.kernel.org/en/developers/Summits/Barcelona-2012

Perhaps I'll see some of you here or there!?