[Bloat] Dashboard dedicated to BufferBloat issue

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 11:07:48 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Török Edwin
<edwin+ml-cerowrt at etorok.net> wrote:
> On 09/21/2012 12:09 PM, Branco Camporeto wrote:
>> Hey you Guys,
>>
>> I'm French (sorry for my english...) and I'm working for a MSO. Thank you very much for your work, I appreciate.
>>
>> I already warned my company about the bad QoS due to Bufferbloat issue. I've got some skills in cable networks and I already did a technical note for upgrading the buffer control feature inside cmts
>> and cable modem.

I'd like to see that tech note...

>> For helping me and tracking all events about bufferbloat, I did this public dashboard. http://www.netvibes/bufferbloat
>> I keep updating it.

Very cool page. We have something of a problem in that solutions that
we had last year (shortening txqueue length and reducing tx rings)
have been replaced by much better ones (byte queue limits (BQL)), and
fq_codel, and various web sites still have obsolete advice (including
ours). And the solutions we have today don't work well on wireless as
yet, and more improvements are pending all over the stack, and the BSD
work is just beginning...

>> If you have twitter accounts to track, hot url, newsgroups...etc I can aggregate them.
>
> There were a few videos posted earlier on this ML that should probably be there:
> https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/bloat/2012-September/001066.html
> https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/bloat/2012-September/001068.html
>
> --Edwin

http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki - "3.3.8-17 is out