[Bloat] [iccrg] ECN support for PIE AQM in Linux

Vijay Subramanian subramanian.vijay at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 01:05:20 EDT 2013

On 14 August 2013 17:41, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

> The pie patches that I was using until recently are here:
>
> http://snapon.lab.bufferbloat.net/~cero2/deb/patches/
>
> Stephen hemminger and I cleaned up the original pie drop according to
> KernelStyle in multiple ways. There is a rounding error problem in setting
> the target value
> (we'd recomended they switch to ktime rather than jiffies) that I either
> added or was in there in the first place.... and we fixed a couple generic
> bugs...
>

> Dave,
Thanks to you and Stephen for this cleanup. I have these changes in my
queue. I had also promised Stephen that I would upstream the code to the
linux networking list for review and inclusion and this is what I
intend to do in the coming days. The idea was that once bufferbloat
community has vetted the algorithm, we can make the needed implementation
and style changes for kernel submission.
I believe it is now time to submit it to the netdev list.  i will merge the
collective feedback received so far and send it out.

Thanks,
Vijay