[Bloat] Fw: video about QFQ+ and DRR

Paolo Valente paolo.valente at unimore.it
Fri Aug 9 09:53:16 EDT 2013

Il giorno 09/ago/2013, alle ore 15:06, MUSCARIELLO Luca OLNC/OLN ha scritto:

> Maybe class is not anymore the right term in this case. It's an aggregate of flows,
> do not know how to call it but not really a class.

Maybe this is also the source of the misunderstanding: I referred to Linux classes, which are just generic containers of packets. Packets can be redirected into Linux classes by defining filters.
In other words, by defining a pair (desired filter, Linux class) one can redirect the desired packets into the class.

I used this mechanism to put each UDP flow, as well as the video stream, in a separate Linux class, and then perform per-flow scheduling among these flows.
I think that, in Linux, using these classes is the only way to perform per-flow queueing with differentiated weights.

Paolo

--
Paolo Valente
Algogroup