[Bloat] Router model

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 20:44:49 EDT 2013

I am not aware of 3700v1 routers working at all. Wndr3800s - after a brief
period of being hard to get - have been available in larger numbers of
late. Also, most of openwrt and dd-wrt ships with codel and fq_codel by
default now, you are no longer limited to the two routers cerowrt supports
directly anymore. Also see ipfire, proceranetworks, and there are at least
3 other commercial products coming out shortly. codel (not fq_codel) is
also integrated into freebsd 2.1.

Codel != fq_codel. You can use codel as a base for some other aqm strategy
(for example qfq + codel or drr + codel or hfsc + codel) but fq_codel is
the simplest and thus far the winner on a variety of benchmarks

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Vindya Wijeratne <
vindya.wijeratne at eecs.qmul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Codel looks promising! I'm interested in experimenting but having trouble
> finding the specific routers in uk. Would wndr3700v1 *with v2 firmware
> update* work?
>
> Many thanks,
> Vindya
>
> Sent from my iPad