[Bloat] Fw: video about QFQ+ and DRR

MUSCARIELLO Luca OLNC/OLN luca.muscariello at orange.com
Fri Aug 9 07:02:22 EDT 2013

On 08/09/2013 11:35 AM, Paolo Valente wrote:
>> >1) AFAIK, sch_drr.c is class-based queuing and not per-flow queuing (correct me if I am wrong).
> Certainly it is a classful queueing discipline. Just to sync with you, what do you mean with per-flow as opposed to class-based?
> Do you mean that the scheduler internally and autonomously differentiates packets into distinct flows according to some internal classification rule (as it is the case for SFQ)?
> If so, then you are right.

Class-based queuing and flow-based queuing of course are different things,
but from your demo I got the impressions that you were using class and flow
interchangeably.

In practice, I do not see when you would need 500 classes while it might
happen
to have 500 flows (active and in progress ) on a link.

I think both are needed but while class-based queuing is well accepted
flow-based is not.

Luca