[Bloat] curious.....

Juliusz Chroboczek jch at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Sat Dec 7 07:59:04 EST 2013

> > Perhaps you should push your system to OpenWRT?

> There is still some work going on to streamline the gui.

Fair enough.  That's important.

> there are less features in the aqm-scripts for prioritizing packet
> types than qos-scripts.

I wouldn't bother much with that.  The promise of fq_codel is that we
can get rid of our prioritising hacks -- if we need that kind of
features, then fq_codel has failed.

> I just had to come up with a way to disable it at high (> 80 mbit)
> rates on incoming traffic (not enough cpu in cerowrt),

I wouldn't bother with that either.  120 Mbit/s is the highest rate you
can get in Europe as far as I can tell, so being able to push 80 Mbit/s
on a four year old router is fine (as long as you're careful to avoid
shaping traffic between LAN and WLAN -- I certainly wouldn't want
backing up my laptop to be capped at 80 Mbit/s).

> so I'd like it to run faster, maybe using drr in that case, or
> something like what free.fr uses...

What are they using?

> And there are actually two aqm/packet scheduling shapers in there (a
> simple 1 tier and a 3 tier one),

Remove the non-default features.  Be a man, Dave, dump it all.

> In the interim, existing openwrt users can add ceropackages-3.3 into
> their feeds.

They won't.  If you want to have an effect on the world, you need to
push it into the default OpenWRT scripts.

-- Juliusz