[Bloat] curious.....

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Sun Dec 8 14:00:29 EST 2013

Hi Mark,

On Dec 8, 2013, at 17:44 , Mark Constable <markc at renta.net> wrote:

> On 12/09/2013 12:01 AM, Outback Dingo wrote:
>>> Not cheap at $307 delivered (to AU) but ready to use straight away...
>>> http://utilite-computer.com/web/utilite-pro-specifications
>>
>> Mark...... http://cubieboard.org/
>> Id look at the Cubieboard3: Cubietruck
>
> The SATA connector is good but it's not quite "ready to use straight away".
>
> Networking:10/100 ethernet, optional wifi
>
> vs
>
> Two 1000 BaseT Ethernet ports + 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi

	Well, that is a just one antenna in the 2.4GHz band. The WNDR sports concurrent 2.4 and 5GHz radios with two antennas each allowing MIMO and higher wireless bandwidth. At least for the wireless part both ARM boxes will not cut it as sole home router. They might be useful to use as a beefier internet router used with a wndr3[7|8]00 as the AP, but that is neither cheap nor power efficient. Now maybe there are decent debated USB multi antenna radios we could plug into such a device, but I am not hopeful...

Best Regards
	Sebastian