[Bloat] curious.....

Dan Siemon dan at coverfire.com
Sat Dec 21 20:38:41 EST 2013

On Sun, 2013-12-08 at 20:02 +0100, Sebastian Moeller wrote:
> About prioritizing, I am less optimistic as I can not see how the system can behave well under extreme load; I for one would be quite unhappy if an device on my internal network could effectively DOS my ability to make phone calls (I switched to IP telephony so this theoretical issue has become practical for me).
> 	Or put it that way, I hope that the core internet is over-provided and will not cause congestion, at the same time I want to be able to max out my internet connection and still be able to phone.

Making it impossible for an internal host to DOS VoIP quality is one of
the reasons I've been playing with per host fairness in addition to
three priority levels (per host). The tc script is below with a link to
performance results.

http://git.coverfire.com/?p=linux-qos-scripts.git;a=blob;f=src-3tos.sh;hb=HEAD