[Bloat] Bufferbloat Paper

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Wed Jan 9 12:31:34 PST 2013

    >> 1) do you max out your 1Gb/s uplink at all?

    Mark> No.  I do not believe we have seen peaks anywhere close to 1Gbps.

nice.. what amount of oversubscription does this represent?

What is the layer-3 architecture for the CCZ?  Does traffic between
residences come through the "head end" the way it does in cable, or does
it cut-across at layer-2, and perhaps, you can not see it?

Assuming that you can see it..

Have you considered isolating the data samples which are from CCZ and to
CCZ, and then tried to predict which flows might involved 802.11b or g
final hops?

You mentioned that CCZ provides a home router... do you know anything
about that?