[Bloat] wifi AP switching time

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Fri Jan 4 10:08:38 EST 2013

Pedro Tumusok <pedro.tumusok at gmail.com> replied
> I might be way of here, but to me this sounds like a-mpdu which is used to
> aggregate frames to get higher throughput. Thats in the specification, its
> in 802.11ac and I believe that it go introduced with 802.11n.
>
> It is there to mitigate the overhead of aquiring the channel.

And that in turn sounds like a place where codel may be needed to ensure
the buffer drains down to nothing in the general case. Alternatively, a
simpler approach might be to buffer only when actively trying a acquire
a channel.

I wonder if there are other only-for-one-reason buffers lying around in
the communication path (;-))

--dave
(416) 223-8968