[Bloat] CFP: Workshop on Reducing Internet Latency

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Tue Jun 4 13:54:59 EDT 2013

As Dave says, it's really unfortunate to schedule this on top of LPC: that
basically prevents anyone  serious working on Linux networking attending. I
argue, that Linux is the most important OS right now to deal with, given
that Android, most internet servers, and home routers are all Linux based).
 Linux is also by far furthest along in dealing with the problem, and moves
fastest.

Location is suboptimal, but such is life...

I expect the dates will cause heartburn for Andrew McGregor too, who we
hope/expect will be involved in fixing the Linux WiFi stack.

At a minimum rescheduling might get a few people who actually influence
code that is shipping there....  Increasing interactions between these
communities would be really, really wise as Dave says.

For future reference, there are three or so meetings a year that Linux
folks care about in general: LPC, the Kernel summit (if you're invited),
and LCA (linux Conf Australia, always in Late January/early February in
Austrailia or New Zealand).  Individual teams may have other meetings as
well, but those are the big ones.
                                     - Jim