[Bloat] Sharing Windows Files from wired to wireless (3.7.5-2)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 00:48:37 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 9:23 PM, Jim Reisert AD1C
<jjreisert at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> I just installed the latest release (3.7.5-2) on a new router
> (WNDR3800).  All seems to be working fine except for Windows
> networking.

Nice to hear from you again!

> I ran across this note:
>
> http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Sharing_Windows_Files_from_wired_to_wireless

That bitrotted pretty significantly. I just updated it to be current,
so please reload.

samba 3.6.11 is available and can be installed. I am running mostly
cerowrt-3.8.13-7+ systems at the moment, so can't utterly confirm that
cerowrt-3.7.x works, but I just did a quick install with the updated
instructions and can indeed mount exported local directories.

I do have a mac available, I'll see what that can do in terms of browsing.

> Are these instructions still current?  If not, how do I configure
> Windows networking for release 3.7.5-2?  We have three Windows 7
> machines (two wired, one wireless) and two Windows XP machines (both
> wireless).  I need sharing to work between Windows 7 (wired) and
> Windows XP (wireless), as well as between Windows 7 (wired) and
> Windows 7 (wireless).

It would be my hope that the remaining instructions would work.