[Bloat] Sharing Windows Files from wired to wireless (3.7.5-2)

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert at alum.mit.edu
Tue Jun 18 01:09:08 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 10:48 PM, Dave Taht <dave.taht at gmail.com> wrote:

>> http://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/cerowrt/wiki/Sharing_Windows_Files_from_wired_to_wireless
>
> That bitrotted pretty significantly. I just updated it to be current,
> so please reload.
>
> samba 3.6.11 is available and can be installed. I am running mostly
> cerowrt-3.8.13-7+ systems at the moment, so can't utterly confirm that
> cerowrt-3.7.x works, but I just did a quick install with the updated
> instructions and can indeed mount exported local directories.

It says that /etc/config/samba should have two sections, but I have
only "config samba".  I added the 2nd section (sambashare) and
followed the rest.

On the wired Windows machine.  I got this error:

f:\> netsh advfirewall firewall set rule group="File and Printer
Sharing" new enable=Yes remoteip=172.30.4
2.0/24

"Only the enable parameter can be used to update rules specified by a group."

I got the same thing on the wireless Windows 7 machine.  I still can't
see shared folders.  NetBIOS over TCP is enabled on both.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert at alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us