[Bloat] low latency workshop

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 17:27:00 EDT 2013

I was trying to find the isoc/rite low latency workshop info via
google today and stumbled across a competing event in london  and a
whole website dedicated to the latency issues in the trading industry.

This talk

http://low-latency.com/audio/london-low-latency-summit-2013-workshop-low-latency-application-engineering

had slide 18 showing the enormous improvement in from-userspace
timestamp fetching behavior in linux - from 637ns for CLOCK_REALTIME
in 2.6.27, to 35ns in linux 3.5.4...

Based on some old scars I was leery of using timestamping in userspace
for some tasks. No longer.

There are also some boards that look useful for analyzing hard
networking stuff in detail mentioned.