[Bloat] Advice for dual wifi home network

Sandy McArthur sandymac at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 10:12:39 EST 2013

Thank you for your replies. They have helped me untwist my thoughts a lot.

After reading/thinking I believe I will drop the cero subnet optimizations
and go with a more typical bridged network setup. This install will be at
my parents large one story house and their desire is for their devices to
just work as they roam the house.

A primary use case that prompted me to revisit their network setup is
improving the performance of their AT&T MicroCell when the SlingBox is in
use. Also my understanding of SlingBox is if the SlingBox and sling client
(eg: a tablet) aren't in the same subnet then the client will connect to
the public internet IP address instead of the internal lan address
putting unnecessary load on their internet connection. I'm hoping codel
does a good job keeping the microcell working nicely in call while an user
is accessing the slingbox from the internet.

Thanks again.

Sandy McArthur

- Thomas Paine