[Bloat] Representing normal vs bloated systems in diagrams

Oliver Hohlfeld oliver at net.t-labs.tu-berlin.de
Mon May 6 04:06:30 EDT 2013

> In ascii art, it might look like this:
> ======++++++++++++
>                -                              +
>                 -                                +
>                  -                                  +
>                  -                                    +

What exactly does this plot represent and on what measurement
data is it based on? What is your definition of "good" and "bad"?
Just response times? Where does it's shape comes from?

Before (again) diving into debates on how bufferbloat marketing plots
should look like, I think we need to make sure that the marketing
is backed up by empirical data.

--Oliver