[Bloat] [Codel] Latest codel, fq_codel, and pie sim study from cablelabs now available

Tristan Seligmann mithrandi at mithrandi.net
Tue May 14 00:56:10 EDT 2013

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 4:26 AM, Dan Siemon <dan at coverfire.com> wrote:

> It's pretty easy to configure the Transmission Bittorrent client to mark
> packets.

 Unfortunately this only helps with outgoing traffic. Marking on inbound
traffic is at the mercy of the torrent peer and your ISP (in my case, my
ISP seems to overwrite the TOS/DS field indiscriminately, not that you
would want to trust the marking for inbound traffic anyway), and matching
by port is also not feasible as outgoing connections involve a random port
on my side, and an arbitrary port on the peer's side.