[Bloat] CeroWRT versions

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 22:06:26 EDT 2013

On Oct 13, 2013 12:37 AM, "Aaron Wood" <woody77 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What are the compelling reasons to try versions newer than 3.7.5-2?  I'm
using a WNDR3800.

Masochism?

More seriously, without cerowrt's cadre of dedicated testers we'd never get
to a release stable enough for mom to use.  There is quite a long
List of improvements since 3.7.

Regrettably at the moment there are two nasty regressions so bad that I
don't recommend anything more recent than 3.10.11-3.

> And I can't seem to find release notes for anything newer than that (but
e-mail notifications to the devel mailing list).

Everything since that version has been a development build and usually an
artifact of the continuous integration process.

If I don't announce it on the list here it was compile tested only.

If I test a little and announce it I try to put in short release notes here.

It was my hope to have got a new stable release in august. Didn't make it,
was busy on paid stuff in sept...

In lui of release notes I should put up a roadmap... And I'm setting aside
more time for this in the coming weeks in the hope we can resolve the last
sticky bugs before ietf. At which point the website would get updates etc.