[Bloat] T-Mobile LTE buffer bloat

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Wed Oct 30 20:02:06 EDT 2013

On Wed, 30 Oct 2013, Stephen Hemminger wrote:

> There is zero configuration of proxy, it is just a LTE <-> wifi hotspot.
> I suspect some caching (or commercial interest) at their end.

I have no insight in how T-Moble does things, but I know that vendors
pitch video/image compression stuff and you want to put it *before* it
goes out the radio network (because that's the expensive resource), so
that's why my guess it's doing the image-rewriting not in the end user
box, but in a centrally placed device in their network.

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se