[Bloat] [aqm] DOCSIS 3.1 support for AQM

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Thu Oct 31 10:32:49 EDT 2013

Has any one any analysis of having sfq_codel on the CPE (uplink) stream,
and PIE on the CMTS (downlink) stream?

I'm assuming that the two directions should not conflict, but given that
RTT estimates and congestion signals involve bidirectional traffic, maybe
this assumption is wrong.

I also want to suggest that the fairness considerations of the household
are not necessarily the same as the fairness considerations of the ISP.