[Bloat] TSO sizing fixes and the new paced "fq" scheduler in Linux 3.12

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 19:18:53 EDT 2013

The best writeup of Eric Dumazet's (and team's) latest assault on
bloat was in lwn last month. The article just came out from behind the
paywall for general reading and is here:

http://lwn.net/Articles/564978/

(I haven't fiddled with these new features because I'm in the final
throes of getting a decent beta of cerowrt out on 3.10.12 with some
annoy-the-nsa features in it. )

The only benchmark I've seen on the new scheduler so far was:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.network/281023

Anybody got relevant benchmarks?

I am very happy to see the TSO/GSO sizing stuff as well. I hope that
this will result in GSO doing sane things on 100Mbit and slower
devices.