[Bloat] [iccrg] [aqm] AQM deployment status?

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Sat Sep 28 03:01:33 EDT 2013

On Fri, 27 Sep 2013, Eggert, Lars wrote:

> On Sep 27, 2013, at 4:59, Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike at swm.pp.se> wrote:
>> Do you know of simulations or similar that investigates this? I would like to understand why having RED on a 3ms buffer depth device makes a difference and how much difference it makes.
>
> Because saving 3ms on a path with microsecond latency is a big deal?

Yes, of course. I am not a datacenter guy so this is not a problem I face,
because most of packets in my environment travel tens or hundreds of
milliseconds.

So in datacenter one wants to start marking ECN on packets very soon into
buffer depth, hoping sender will get feedback and throttle back the speed
way before one gets taildrops?

Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se