[Bloat] hardware packet scheduling using QFQ in SENIC

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 00:08:48 EDT 2014

This paper has everything I like in it - working code,
test data, and scripts... and a working hardware implementation:

http://cseweb.ucsd.edu/~ssradhak/Papers/senic-nsdi14.pdf

http://jvimal.github.io/senic/

Presented at USENIX last week:

"We implemented SENIC on NetFPGA, with 1000 rate limiters requiring
just 30KB SRAM, and it was able to accurately pace packets. Further,
in a memcached benchmark against software rate limiters, SENIC is able
to sustain up to 250% higher load, while simultaneously keeping tail
latency under 4ms at 90% network utilization."