[Bloat] [Cerowrt-devel] still trying to find hardware for the next generation worth hacking on

Aaron Wood woody77 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 16:09:46 EDT 2014

http://www.gateworks.com/product/item/ventana-gw5310-network-processor

Out of price range in single units, but I don't know where the price breaks
kick in.  Dual-core 800MHz ARM should be plenty of power for the GigE ports.

I think to get any sort of platform like this by a major vendor, we're
looking at needing 10K quantities, which I just don't see happening,
without a really well-done kickstarter type campaign.

OTOH, a kickstarter might be a good way to get a largish group-buy together
for some of these more dev-minded platforms.

-Aaron