[Bloat] [Cerowrt-devel] still trying to find hardware for the next generation worth hacking on

Frank Carmickle frank at carmickle.com
Mon Aug 18 16:51:37 EDT 2014

On Aug 17, 2014, at 1:13 PM, dpreed at reed.com wrote:

> http://www.habeyusa.com/products/fwmb-7950-rangeley-network-communication-board/ looks intriguing.

This, and others like it from Supermicro and Asrock, are what I am interested in.  I'm not so sure this is what Dave is looking for.  These are not sub $100 boards by any stretch.  I happen to like IPMI serial over LAN and don't really want to live without it.  I built a Habey fanless chassis and a Asrock board system with 16gb of RAm a few months ago.  The Habey fanless chassis is pretty nice except that it smelled awful.  They have an external inline power brick with a barrel connector that is converted to atx by a small board in the chassis.  This way I also get to run Debian without worrying about filling up some small flash.

Dave, are you looking for something for the masses?

--FC