[Bloat] [Cerowrt-devel] still trying to find hardware for the next generation worth hacking on

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 23:11:59 EDT 2014

On Sun, Aug 17, 2014 at 12:13 PM,  <dpreed at reed.com> wrote:
> http://www.habeyusa.com/products/fwmb-7950-rangeley-network-communication-board/
> looks intriguing.

I have to say that looks very promising as a testbed vehicle. Perhaps
down the road a candidate for
a head-end solution... or a corporate edge gateway.

I also spoke to an intel rep at linuxcon
that mentioned a rangeley board with 10GigE capability onboard.

Have you contacted habeyusa?

> Probably a bit pricey, but has lots of advantages.  There's another smaller
> one that might do:
>

> http://www.habeyusa.com/products/fwmb-7935/

That also.

> both are intel based, but for Linux that means that you don't have to deal
> with all the issues of non-intel instruction sets.

Well, in both cases the boards lack a video interface so booting them
for the first time would be a pain.

see also:

http://www.lannerinc.com/products/x86-network-appliances/rackmount/fw-7573

Does anyone know of a good pcie 10gig capable fiber card (dual or
single port) and SFP+ single mode (20km) interface?