[Bloat] The Dark Problem with AQM in the Internet?

Sebastian Moeller moeller0 at gmx.de
Fri Aug 29 08:18:01 EDT 2014

Hi Jerry,

On Aug 29, 2014, at 13:33 , Jerry Jongerius <jerryj at duckware.com> wrote:

>> Okay that is interesting, Could I convince you to try to enable SACK
>> on the server and test whether you still see the catastrophic results?
>> And/or try another tcp variant instead of westwood+, like the default
> cubic.
>
> Would love to, but can not.  I have read only access to settings on that
> server.

	Ah, too bad, it would have been nice to be able to pinpoint this closer (is this effect a quirk/bug in westwood+ or caused by the “archaic” lack of SACKs). But this list contains vast knowledge about networking, so I hope that someone has an idea how to get closer to the root-cause even without root access on the server. Oh, maybe you can ask the hosting company/ owner of the server to switch the tcp for you?

Best Regards
	Sebastian