[Bloat] sigcomm wifi

Simon Barber simon at superduper.net
Sun Aug 31 22:14:20 EDT 2014

Indeed - minimum transmission time is the right metric. For wireless cards where transmission speed is determined by the host this should work very well, queue will be tightly controlled. Wireless cards that put a lot of intelligence in the card, ie packet transmission speed selection, are harder to handle well. In these cards to get good results you really need to move all the queueing code into the card, which is not going to happen. You're basically screwed and can't do a good job.

Simon