[Bloat] sigcomm wifi

Simon Barber simon at superduper.net
Sun Aug 31 16:46:19 EDT 2014

Modern APs use more agressive channel access parameters than clients. They can also control the parameters the clients use.

One major issue is that to remove bloat in a wireless environment and keep access fair and delays low you really want to integrate the AQM and the packet scheduling, while tracking airtime usage. I very much doubt any equipment is doing this.

Simon