[Bloat] viability of the data center in the internet of the future

Steinar H. Gunderson sgunderson at bigfoot.com
Tue Jul 1 05:27:24 EDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 01, 2014 at 02:06:12AM -0700, Dave Taht wrote:
> Have you done a google search with "safesearch" off lately? Try it for
> a day. At work.

I checked. It's off. I've never changed the default. So the answer is: Sure,
I do that all the time.

> Places like, um, New Zealand.

Having actually visited New Zealand a year or so ago, I'm pretty sure what
they need for proper Internet would not be filtering proxies, but more fiber. :-)

>> (I find it questionable that we are teaching our children from the very
>> beginning of their education that it is OK to censor the Internet arbitrarily.)
> Got any kids?

No. But I also don't accept “think about the children” as a blanket excuse,
just as I don't accept “to protect against terrorism” or “stability of the
state” as blanket excuse.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/