[Bloat] [Cerowrt-devel] Dave Täht quoted in the ACLU blog

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Tue Jun 24 16:01:47 EDT 2014

On 06/24/2014 12:45 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
> In an age where you have, say, gbit fiber to your business, it makes quite
> a lot of sense from a security and maintenence perspective
> to be hosting your own data and servers on your own darn premise, not
> elsewhere.

Perhaps, but where does having gigabit fibre to a business imply the
business has the space, power, and cooling to host all the servers it
might need/wish to have?

> I am glad gfiber exists to put a scare into certain monopolists, but
> even then I'd be tons happier if municipalities treated basic wired
> connectivity as we do roads. One of the great "Secrets" of silicon
> valley is it got wired for fiber early, through the vision and
> foresight of people like Brian Reid and everybody got easy access.

That must be a really well-kept secret as I am aware of no fibre running
to my house in Sunnyvale :)

rick jones
speaking for myself alone