[Bloat] AQM creeping into L2 equipment

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 18:13:30 EDT 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 10:00 PM, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-03-21 at 18:08 +0000, Dave Taht wrote:
>
>> This is likely to have brutal effects on slow uplinks and uploads
>> without pacing enabled.
>
> All I said was related to using fq/pacing, maybe it was not clear ?

No, it was clear!

Problem I was noting is that turning on sch_fq and setting the iw are
not closely coupled so if you run iw20 without ensuring you are also
running sch_fq, you are going to hurt a non-fq_codeled net...
Apparently for some reason not everyone has made the switch yet.

(and there were some other plausible side-effects from that 2000 paper
on pacing worth checking up on)

Are you ready to make sch_fq the default in 3.15?