[Bloat] fq_codel is two years old

Rich Brown richb.hanover at gmail.com
Wed May 14 17:01:10 EDT 2014

Folks,

I just noticed that the announcement for the first testable implementation of fq_codel was two days ago today - 14 May 2012. Build 3.3.6-2 was the first to include working fq_codel. https://lists.bufferbloat.net/pipermail/cerowrt-devel/2012-May/000233.html

Two years later, we see fq_codel being adopted lots of places. As more and more people/organizations come to understand the problem, and how straightforward the solution can be, we're beginning to win the battle to have a good Internet experience everywhere.

Thanks to Dave, Eric, Kathie, Van, and all the members of this list for their perseverance, testing, comments, and patience. Congratulations!

Best regards,

Rich