[Bloat] [Cerowrt-devel] fq_codel is two years old

David Collier-Brown davec-b at rogers.com
Thu May 15 10:53:17 EDT 2014

dpreed at reed.com wrote
> Fixing buffer bloat allows the edge- and enterprise- networks to be more efficient,
> whereas not fixing it lets the edge networks move users up to more and more
> expensive "plans" due to frustration and to sell much more gear into Enterprises
> because they are easy marks for complex gadgets.

The new, snazzier Bell gear Bell flogged to my former across-the-street
neighbour is far more affected by bloat than the older, supposedly
slower stuff he had before. He promptly went back to "faster and cheaper".

The gaming world is also reputedly aware of some new offerings that are
great disappointments. They're sensitive to response time.

--dave