[Bloat] Comcast upped service levels -> WNDR3800 can't cope...

Jonathan Morton chromatix99 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 14:28:27 EDT 2014

On 2 Sep, 2014, at 8:41 pm, Dave Taht wrote:

> unfortunately you may need to initialize things correctly with
> netdev_reset_queue in the appropriate initialization or
> recovery-from-error bits.
>
> (this is the part that tends to be tricky)

I poked around a bit and found that gem_clean_rings() seems to be called from everywhere relevant, including from gem_init_rings() and gem_do_stop().  I was therefore able to add a single call there.

I've taken the other suggestion at face value.

> Do you have a before/after test result?

At gigabit link speeds, there seems to be no measurable difference - the machine just isn't capable of filling the buffer fast enough.  I have yet to try it at slower link rates.